Wednesday 6 April 2022

Zen ironing and the joy of slow hoovering

 Month 4 - Bite 5

I've already touched on batch ironing previously. It's not my most favourite occupation I'll freely admit. I usually put the TV on as a sort of wallpaper while I tackle it. However I think I'm missing a trick. There are one or two podcasts I enjoy - by Jen Carrington and Sara Tasker mainly. I regularly download them and then forget to listen to them leaving me with a whole pile of unheard broadcasts.

Instead of flicking from one TV channel to the next I should really be clearing my backlog of podcasts - so that's what I'm going to make my next target. That way I can get stuck into a pile of ironing using the electricity efficiently while concentrating on the words of wisdom in my ears.



That's not the only task for today though. I read a while ago that rushing at hoovering doesn't actually maximise the cleaning potential of the machine. Apparently to get the most out of your hoover/dyson/whatever the passes over the carpets and floors need to be slower and more deliberate so that the brushes pick up as much dirt, fluff and dust as they can for as deep as they go. So, once that pile of ironing has shrunk I'm off for a spot of slow hoovering to get the most out of the chore and presumably if you do it more thoroughly it won't need to be done so often. (I haven't any evidence for that bit, just wishful thinking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment