Saturday 2 April 2022

Something for Nothing!



 Now the next couple of items I'm not sure come under the umbrella of finding more income, but as they should generate stuff that I don't have to buy, thereby meaning I don't have to spend out I think they qualify!

Month 3 - Bite 29

Sending off for things...

                                        

I have in the past been surprised by what you can get sent to you for free! I dabble from time to time when I notice something in my inbox and fill in a form, but perhaps it's time to take it a bit more seriously. There needs to be a rule about this as just sending off for anything is wasteful, but if it's something I can use or can be stored away (bonus mouthful to come!), then why not.

As it happens I've got one or two things that have arrived in the last few weeks...





So now it's time to address this is a more organised way and explore which websites list the best links to freebies.


Month 3 - Bite 30

Now and again I've entered free draws and raffles and have been known to buy the odd lottery ticket! I don't often win, but when I saw what my sister won at her recent slimming club raffle it did make me think that perhaps I ought to be revisiting this. Not that I'm willing to part much in the way of funds - or it doesn't really count as money saving, let alone extra income, but there are free draws and competitions out there - time for me to find out about them!

                                                


And so to that extra mouthful to round off this month!

Bonus Mouthful 3

It's something I've mentioned in the distant past when writing about Christmas. Here's some of it...

A few years ago after I'd moved to Devon we were able to get all our diaries aligning and got together on Christmas Day. It was a bit last minute and I wanted to take something, but my sister had already got everything sorted out. The only thing I could think of was a Lucky Dip'. I amassed a number of small items, wrapped them randomly and we spent a long and enjoyable time picking our Lucky Dip items out and swapping any inappropriate ones with anyone else who'd appreciate them more.

It sort of grew from there. The year my younger niece, who lives in Italy, got married in England she even took a mini Lucky Dip for her household back with her, as they were having an Italian Christmas and wouldn't be with us.

We then moved onto a Christmas Tombola for a couple of years. This year, with luck 'our Italians' will have moved to England and there will be loads of us including a gaggle of little ones! So, we're going to have a Lucky Dip for the adults and a Treasure Hunt for the littlies (well that's the plan anyway). I'm about halfway through the clues so that's going well, but what about the presents you may ask. Well, that's this bonus mouthful. Throughout the year we collect up any freebies (see above)  and extras that we all see along with sending off for anything that will be suitable and buying bargains (especially when Christmas items come on sale). That gets topped up with makes - coasters, decorations, and so on. Throw in a few lottery cards and mini Christmas sweets and hey presto! a Christmas fun time for all of us (we now do it on Christmas Eve) and without spending oodles of cash.......

No comments:

Post a Comment