Monday 25 April 2022

That Reminds Me

 Going through my last post I started to remember all kinds of things - my grandad growing almost all the veg we ate and my fear of his question 'Do you want a cabbage Marg?' - I still hate cabbage to this day. Or my other nan who was a farmer's daughter with her growing patch, which meant at certain times of the year bags full of apples being lugged home! And we didn't live in the countryside either - South London it was - way before The Good Life!

A walk down our garden path jogged my brain into gear too - just a glance showed me that the herbs are beginning to regrow after all the work on the garden last year.

Month 4 - Bite 25


The mint and oregano are well underway as well as the basil on the windowsill doing well. I should be using these instead of depleting my shop bought stores.

Today I need to pick some as, not only do I want them for tonight's meal, but they'll grow like crazy while we're away and it'll be a waste to let them romp on. Once picked the leaves will need freezing or drying so my job today is to look up what to do and then do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment