Wednesday 6 April 2022

If you've paid for it - use it!

I'm guilty of getting all enthusiastic about something and then letting the passion wane. One of the things I missed with the lockdowns of the past couple of years was my club/gym membership. The club had to close just like many others and my regular routines went out of the window. Now don't get me wrong, we're very lucky in that our surrounding encourage the getting outside type of exercise - running, walking on the beach and so on. I was fine to start with and then the motivation sort of slipped!

Month 4 - Bite 3

As a way of keeping up I joined online classes in Combat - one of the club classes I'd really enjoyed. I asked for contributions towards the subscription for it for my birthday and by rearranging the garden room quickly I was able to get stuck in with really good sessions which seemed even more enjoyable without all the fit young things I used to try not to look at in class!!!



The second year of it however, even though I paid the subscription I've let it slip. I reckon each session I've done over the past 12 months has cost me about £10! Some of that came once we joined a local tennis club and I spent more and more time on court along with the restart of ParkRuns and there are only just so many hours in a week.

Those are mere hiccups though so in order to make best use of my subscription (which is now due) I need to make an effort in using the online classes starting today. Just to make sure I'm going to note down how many I do partly for motivation, but also so I can see the cost per class tumble as I complete each one...


Month 4 - Bite 4

The other exercise routine which has been a success is joining a new tennis club. The people are really friendly and there are plenty of invitations to fill in for others when they can't play as well as club open sessions. So, my next step on the elephant eating road is to play as much as I can to get the maximum value out of the very reasonable subscription.

I don't need to record these session to know that playing twice a week on my present subscription makes the cost of each one less than £1.60!




It's a popular club - here's one prospective member who keeps returning and strutting their stuff courtside. Give a whole new meaning to the term game bird I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment