Thursday 28 April 2022

Is it worth it?

 During the lockdowns when we were eventually allowed to travel short distances to meet in twos and then sixes it was lovely to join up with my family. Even nicer when there’s so many beautiful open spaces midway between our homes.

The downside was the parking fees!

I bought a season ticket for all the area’s car parks, it meant that we didn’t have to worry about buying individual tickets or second-guessing how long we’d stay anywhere before we bought them.


I've just had the reminder that the ticket is about to expire, inviting me to renew. Well, do I?

Month 4 - Bite 28

As life has changed ( I won't say gone back to normal) I'm not sure how much use I'll make of a season ticket now. I ask myself is it worth it?

There's only one way to find out - for the next few weeks and months I'll keep a tally of the times I use the car parks and how much I pay out starting today when I go down into town. Then after a period of time I'll see how much I've spent and where so I can  make an informed decision about the cost effectiveness of the scheme. It will also tell me if I would be better off buying into a part of the ticket (round here you can buy it to cover specified locations for various different amounts), the whole annual ticket or just pay as I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment