Thursday 27 October 2022

From finishing to starting..

 Okay, the finishing off is well underway so what's next?

Month 10 - Bite 24

Just so I don't get stale and revert to slumping in front of the TV, undoing all my good work, I must think of what else I want to try.

I want to carry on with the hobbies and pursuits I enjoy - and add to them...

There are so many things I'd like to experiment with and discover that the task in hand for this bite is to begin to list and research them. I've started learning Italian so the next step is required to make sure I'm better with the language for our next trip in the Spring. Then there are other crafty pastimes to explore - my crochet skills are so basic that they need some work. Then there's the music that I've ignored for quite some time. My guitar and concertina are gathering dust and certainly aren't earning their keep in my home.

On this tick list item then is the planning to see where I can commit some regular time to one or all of these to get them underway and where I'm going to find the information to polish the skills.


Month 10 - Bite 25

While I'm in finishing and starting something new mode - both at the same time - I want to look at what keeps me warm. I'm going to raid my yarn stash to make something warm. Will it be a hat, or a scarf, or a cowl, or socks? Let's return to this later and I'll show you.....


Socks it was then!
I don't want you to think that I've abandoned the 'learn/try something new' idea - I've attempted a different way of joining the heel and toe seams.

My next adventure will be into the world of crocheting a scarf - I've only ever done squares and blankets before - so going back and forth in rows could be a challenge!

Month 10 - Bite 26

Finally, I know I'll need help with some of these bites. Bite 26 is to give me time to find out where I can get some of that help. I know that my spinning group will assist and I also want to explore any courses that are free or cheap locally so that's my project for today.

Naturally, joining a group of like-minded people should be fun and supportive - I also think groups like this gathering together has got to be good for the energy bills! After all, we'll all be using one heat source (not just the hot air of our conversations either) by not using all those individual homes during our time together.

Most of all I'm looking forward to the fun bit (oh, and the tea and cakes that such courses/groups excel in!).


No comments:

Post a Comment