Monday 24 October 2022

Finishing Up and Clearing the Decks

 All the sorting out and decluttering around the house seems a long time ago and it seems like the right time to revisit one or two areas. This will help sort out exactly what I've got at the moment and clear some space for what's to come (errr Christmas!)

So, here's a selection of bites to sort out what's about, what's needed and what to put on a Christmas list!

Month 10 - Bite 14

I'd got very efficient on the bathroom front, finishing odds and ends, not buying extras and more than one spare for when things run out and then it all sort of slipped.


First task on the list is to collect up all the 'nearly finished' and ends of things and put them somewhere obvious to use up. There's some samples I sent for but didn't use on holiday and a few squirts of perfume to be finished. I'll make a note of some of the items too as my sister's doing me a hamper for Christmas and some of them - hand cream, face wash, moisturiser - will be going on that wish list to replenish my stocks then.

Month 10 - Bite 15

Now onto the kitchen....

The fridge is groaning with stuff that really needs using up. While we've been decorating and generally working on the house my neat and tidy shopping and cooking timetable-ish planning has fallen apart a bit so order needs restoring.


This is just the first batch of stuff I've rescued from the fridge. Pasta for dinner I think and then time for a series of 'make what you like as long as you eat it' lunches. The principle is simple. Once all the available ingredients are put on the table, everyone can choose whatever they like to put in a sandwich, however strange, off the wall or downright disgusting it might seem to anyone else. The only rule is that it has to be eaten before any other combinations can be tried. This is about not wasting rather than seeing how novel or revolting a sandwich filling you can make.

It does help to finish off the last scrapes of jars that seem to congregate at the back of the fridge and also makes me think of how I can use up what's there (particularly the fresh stuff) before going out and raiding the supermarket.

Month 10 - Bite 16

Freezer next..

I did freeze some produce when we were tidying up the garden, and there's also the last few bags of food I had to cook and store after the meltdown incident. There are, however, some other containers lurking that need liberating.

I'm sure there's at least the makings of a pasta bake and a bolognaise sauce so it's time to go through it all, defrost something for dinner and then list what's left...




By the time I've finished I should be ready to start the thinking process of what needs preparing for the festive season with nice, clean, empty storage for it all!



No comments:

Post a Comment