Tuesday 4 October 2022

A Change of Scenery

 One of the reasons I’ve got a bit behind with posting is because we’re decorating! Not my most favourite of activities, but needs must...

Month 9 - Bite 22

We really need to do some decorating - fading paintwork, repairs to the wallpaper from moving sockets, all that sort of thing so it's an expense that can't be avoided.



However, wholesale decorating isn't the only way of changing things up and refreshing! 
At my niece's place they've been moving the furniture around. It's made me think about how a couple of our rooms are arranged and so that's the next step for me.

By moving some of the furniture we can change the look and feel of the rooms without actually spending a lot of time and money so that's the next job on the list.

While we're at it I've got some throws, rugs and cushion covers in the loft so I'm off up there to see if they'll complete the transformation. If not, buying some new ones won't break the bank and will be a lot cheaper and time saving than a wholesale redecorate!

Month 9 - Bite 23

While they were moving things in the children's bedroom my niece found that the curtains that she'd used from her previous house were too long for what she wanted. The curtains are still in good condition and look just right. They were just too long. So, out with the sewing machine and that's a new pair of curtains without spending any cash!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment