Tuesday 4 October 2022

Autumn Days

 It certainly feels like autumn just now! Although the weather hasn't really led to a need for the heating to go on much, which is good...

Firstly a bite that I really ought to take notice of myself...

Month 9 - Bite 16

I am constantly distracted by my emails! Many of them are fine and necessary, some are nuisances and others are offers I need to ignore. So, today's task is to double check my inboxes and begin to turn off the temptations that keep appearing. Not just general shopping (have you noticed that everyone always wants your email address 'to send your receipt' and then constantly bombards you with tempting offers?) Well, enough. I'm going to spend some time going through and blocking some of the more annoying ones to make sure they don't even get to me, unsubscribe from the reliable lists of companies and individuals that I know aren't scams and then try to get into the habit of deleting all of the others every day instead of keeping them 'just in case'.

Now I've got that off my chest it's time for some free and cheap pleasures...

Month 9 - Bite 17


Time for an autumn Treasure Hunt -well a walk anyway. This is one of those free activities that always lifts the spirits. While out and about I want to collect some treasures for use later - pine cones, leaves and so on .. just to see what I can find while I scrunch leaves underfoot and generally breathe in the nice fresh air.




Month 9 - Bite 18

Some of these were laying around so they are ready for drilling holes and attaching strings. Today's free activity is a conker competition followed by helicopter winged flights...

 

Month 9 - Bite 19

Very happy to have found a ready supply of these.. 


  



especially the ones with very pronounced shapes, edges and ridges.

The next free-ish activity for me is to produce some leaf prints ready to mount onto greetings cards to add to my collection all ready for whatever celebration comes along.

Month 9 - Bite 20

Now these need some time to dry out and open up. Today I'm going to check for any insect life that needs releasing and then lightly brush them. Next they can be placed on kitchen towels in the airing cupboard and saved for later - a decoration idea comes to mind, but this is one for another date.


                                             

Month 9 - Bite 21

Another find!
 

A new day, another preparation task. The Ferns I picked need to be dried and pressed - I'm using kitchen towel rather than blotting paper and heavy books instead of a flower press. I've got something in mind for another season, but like the pine cones they need time to dry before I can use them.

Quite a lot from one enjoyable walk...






No comments:

Post a Comment