Monday 24 October 2022

Warming up

 Following on from the last few bites my list now needs to move onto some planning and more sorting.

After all, being warm on the inside always feels good.....

Month 10 - Bite 17

I next have to address what we're eating. With the freezer looking remarkably organised I can begin to look at cooking for restocking it.

Before I start a rummage through the cupboards to get the pots and crocks I need more readily available. They've been languishing towards the back while I haven't been doing so much long cooking so a reshuffle in the kitchen is number one item on the to do list today.

Once that's done I can look at adding a few ingredients to the shopping list to start making some stews, casseroles and curries to eat (and some to store for later).

I have got some chicken from yesterday's sort out defrosting, so I can start with a chicken curry tonight!


Month 10 - Bite 18

As we change our eating habits to fit in with the weather it occurs to me just how far we have moved away from seasonal eating in general. All those foods flown in from all over the world to give us strawberries at Christmas and so on. Time to rethink for me. I know that once I get to the end of my cereal box it'll be time to go back to porridge for two reasons. Firstly, it's a good warming start to the day and secondly, at under £1 a bag it's really cheap (oh and additionally hasn't got any added sugar hiding away either!).

Then the soup stocks need bumping up, both bought and made - that'll be the last of the fridge clearing for stock this time round.

Menu overhaul today then!






No comments:

Post a Comment