Sunday 2 January 2022

So Far, So Good!


My plans are always fine in principle, but often fall apart somewhat due to lots of factors.

This last Christmas I was going to scale back on what I made and start early, but then..

My neighbour kindly passed on a whole pile of dolls for my two nieces' girls. They were great dolls - however they were clothes-less... So the whole Christmas making couldn't start till I'd got them dressed and ready, especially with the little clan from Italy due over in November. 

I was quite pleased with the finished articles (I'll only bore you with one photo as there were 6 dolls all with endless wardrobes to be created obviously!) as I didn't have any patterns and so made all their collections from odds and ends and creative thinking!


Cards were next on the agenda and so I did get on pretty well with those until.....

                            


I was asked to help out by doing a craft stall at a local event. As I hadn't got much made because I'd promised myself no more craft fairs it meant a mass production of decorations, gift bags and bunting.



Sadly, due to Covid happenings and the venue not being ready, the fair didn't go ahead - still if I'm asked next Christmas I've got some stock!

That meant that I needed to crack on with presents - coasters, socks, jumpers - you name it.. Thankfully all but one pair of socks got finished, wrapped and given. The final pair of socks got to its new owner on Friday!



Perhaps this year I need to start even earlier. You'll forgive me, I'm sure, if Christmas and making stuff interrupts my elephant parade here and there. I'm determined to get ahead....

All this demonstrates how my best laid plans can go astray, but I have made it to the laptop for my second 'bite' of the new project.

Month 1 - Day 2

First Task - record spending!
Now I've got my app I've been able to do this - a very onerous task as it consists of recording 50p for inflating the car tyres!!

Now to find a box. 

Yes, I know that's two, but I haven't decided which one to use...and just like the app for recording spending they cost nothing as I found them lurking in the study; even if they'd been some random shoe boxes that would have been okay as they didn't incur any extra cost.

I have a sort of system for keeping all financial paperwork together, but it's time to restart and refine it.
The final system may not end up looking like the box I start with as it will be added to and fine-tuned as time progresses. The important thing is to have one definite home for all those bits and pieces relating to money and bills so that when the time comes to go through them they are all in the same place.

Mind you, this isn't an excuse not to open any envelopes or avoid dealing with them. If they need dealing with or paying that needs to be done as we go along and a note added to each to say how it was dealt with and when. This then gets 'filed' in the box. 

It may be that the initial box needs to be replaced with a larger (or maybe smaller) one in time or a file, but that's for later.

Now each time a piece of financial paperwork arrives there's a home for it.














 




No comments:

Post a Comment