Tuesday 4 January 2022

Day Three brings a Confession!


Having recorded today’s spending and filed the receipts in the box for financial paperwork I have a confession to make. 

The main spending today was food so that’s okay, the second stop I made was for yarn.... I know, only a couple of days into the plan and I’ve been seduced by craft!

Actually it’s all the fault of this particular yarn....



I got this a while ago as I thought it would make a comfortable jumper for my niece’s oldest, which it has. The only problem is that it sort of looks like pink flowers, which isn’t quite in keeping with his usual Fortnite/Superhero type choice of clothing. Although his sister rather likes it and is happy to receive the jumper when it’s finished, she had already chosen some pink yarn for her jumper. That leaves her with two jumpers and him with none (other than the fetching sparkly red and green number I’ve shown before that meant I had to do a sparkly lilac one for her in the interests of balance).

We had a conversation about this recently and he asked for a grey, blue and white mix. Having found some grey there was the small matter of finding the blue and white as well as the yarn for something to give him when the pink one reaches his sister!

Luckily I found what I needed, hence the spend, but it meant that I couldn’t wedge any more into the craft cupboard I’ve been filling up so I had to empty it all and tidy up!  Good thing today’s ‘bite’ was another quick and simple one.



At this moment in time I'm just bearing in mind the fact that my other niece's girls in Italy will need to be treated to something too ... I think I might just have the yarn for that.

Month 1 - Day 3

Check bank account.

Since I’ve put my banking app on my phone it’s proving to be easy to check. When money is an issue it’s often easier to ignore this, but it’s not a good idea!

First to check how many accounts are held with any providers and whether they are all active. Ensuring you know the available balances as well as when any next payments (either in or out) are due is crucial to avoiding charges or unpleasant surprises.

Taking a look at all the direct debits or other regular automated payments that go out means I’ll know if they are all relevant and correct.

By finding any unused subscriptions or payments that are no longer relevant it should be easy to see if any action is needed. I’m happy to keep the tennis club subscription - I was only there this morning so it’s well used....



But I have seen a sports channel that neither of us has watched in a while so it seems a good idea to cancel hat.. No point in money going out for no reason!

Job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment