Saturday 22 January 2022

This Little Piggy... and a few quick bites

 Month 1 - Bite 19

Today I've tracked down a piggy bank. It didn't have to be this little chap, a box or tin with a slit in the lid would have served the same purpose, but as I had a ready made money box why not use it?


This needs a place near to the front door where coats come off and pockets get emptied. That's so that any loose change I find has a home.

Month 1 - Bite 20

I know this won't take long as I had a prune of all the household linens not long ago. Time to empty the airing cupboard and sort through all the blankets, bedding and towels - I know there's still more than I need in there and with some looking a bit past their best a sort out is on the cards. Any unnecessary spares are going into a box for the loft - I've got plans for them!


Month 1 - Bite 21

While near the front door, piggy bank in hand the outdoor 'stuff' rather loomed into view. This isn't all of it either!


There are more coats, scarves, gloves and other outerwear than can all be worn in one season. Rationalising this is called for. The spare items can go off to new homes (our local library has a rail for people who need them to help themselves).

Before parting company with any of these or replacing them in a more orderly fashion checking all the pockets is essential. As with the bags there's bound to be tissues, old face masks and so on that need to be sorted. Who knows, there might even be some coins for that piggy bank?!




No comments:

Post a Comment