Monday 19 February 2024

Yes, We Have No Bananas..

 When I first taking some snaps for this Getting It Sorted train of thought I took a photo of my breakfast choices. Among them was this..


Yes, I do like bananas and was happy when I read about the health benefits for the heart of the potassium they contain. However, since that long phone call with my doctor they're now only making an occasional appearance. It seems that the potassium rush has to be balanced with the effect on my cholesterol levels! There are times when it all the advice feels a bit complicated to steer round. So, bananas are only allowed immediately before exercise. I can have them on Saturdays (before ParkRun) and Thursdays (as I play tennis early) so I'll have to be content with that. I can, however, indulge in apricots and get my potassium kick from them!

The other culprit in my breakfast that I've already touched on is porridge. Again a big surprise as I thought I was doing the right thing with it. Luckily I'm a fan of Greek yoghurt and according to the doctor that's okay - along with the chia seeds and berries (or apricots). Phew!!

On a creative note - I did finish the Valentine's card..



I was quite chuffed with it - some thought now on a 7 year old card. I can't find one for our March birthday girl. The other seven year old was easy - she loves unicorns and princesses and I found a card with them both. The March one though... unless I can find a kick boxing pianist on a card I'll have to create something.....

I have also been putting away some of the Christmas makes and finishing off some that weren't done in time - they'll be all ready for next year. 

 



These were really easy.. double sided squares with a line of stitching across the corners. Then a ribbon through the channels created, joined and decorated with beads and voila! gift bags, jewellery pouches, call them what you will...

So now I'm off to get my Substack offering for this week done - all about my inability to just do one thing at a time.. until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment