Monday 12 February 2024

New Skills and Old Habits

 While trying to tame my craft stocks in the Getting Sorted stakes I decided to tackle some of the yarn mountain in the loft. Going up to Christmas I’d looked at some online tutorials (as you do when on task avoidance) and found some good ones on crochet.

My nan taught me to crochet when I was little, but I’ve only ever to be able to go round and round with added corners to make blankets…

There is, however, a limit to how many doll’s blankets you can make and pass on I’ve found. So, I bit the bullet and tried going back and forth instead. My first two attempts were hats - I’d show you if I’d been organised enough to photograph them! Then I moved onto a cowl with this lovely soft chunky wool.




Then it was hand warmers - 



 Think I’m (sorry about this) hooked….. I've even seen a pattern for socks - must get that...

As far as old habits go I still need to practice sorting and throwing out… I’ve started with the spare bedroom drawers.

I wish I could say that I instigated this myself but it’s down to the fact that a spot of decorating is afoot so they need moving and that would expose the amount of random stuff inside! Hey ho… tidying alert….

From this... (excuse the foot in shot!)

To this...



Sigh.. just the rest of the house to go then...



No comments:

Post a Comment