Monday 27 November 2023

Getting it Sorted - Smoothing and Soothing

 I was in my sister's kitchen chatting about nail polish and stuff! She, my nieces and my great nieces all enjoy a spot of nail colour. They also like smooth moisturised skin - I usually forget, or apply nail polish just when the garden is calling and it chips off immediately! I've never been able to keep my nails in any sort of shape - I guess all those years in the classroom removing wall display staples without using the right tools didn't help....

Anyway, I noticed that on the windowsill, right near the sink was a handy tube of hand cream....

So guess what I felt the need to do on the way home - yes, buy handcream and (even more importantly) put it right where it's required.


So now I have it staring me in the face to remind me to use it. In fact, I got two - one for the kitchen and another for the bathroom.

Let's see if it galvanises me into action - mind you it doesn't solve my inability to flash gorgeous nails around, but one step at a time I say!

I've also raided the loft after last Saturday's coffee morning/craft fair to see what I've already acquired for the looming festives. I uncovered the pack of cards I found in a supermarket clearance for 10p that I knew was up there and also two lovely cards that I bought last Christmas Eve at a fraction of their normal price. 

Some of the decorations I had ready to give as mini gifts needed some extra embellishment so I turned to videos online to work out how to add to them. Low and behold there were some tutorials on making tassels...


Oh my goodness, I'm addicted. These aren't quite finished and neatened off. They are so simple and satisfying - even better than pom pom making and use up odds and ends of yarn and beads! They may even make an appearance alongside the gift tags on presents this year.... More reasons not to throw away ANY yarn........

Another set of instructions for when I get round to them on my Substack....





No comments:

Post a Comment