Sunday 12 November 2023

Getting It Sorted - Smelling Sweetly!

 


Now this one's a bit of a luxury, I know...

I seem to have gathered a whole collection of odds and ends of rather nice perfumes! Most are the last knockings of presents. I know I ought to finish one bottle before I start on the next, however, it only seems polite to wear a gift when it's given. Then the others sort of get moved down the finishing up line.

As a result I've a number of these with the remains of the scent sloshing about at the bottom of the container.


I also know that they should be used up before the air/light gets to them and spoils the smell so it's time to get going and use one at a time till each is finished. After all, Christmas is coming and you never know what Santa might have in mind.

I've also accumulated a number of samples, some of which I've used part of when on holiday (saves lugging a big quantity around in my luggage. Again, they are now on display to remind me to use them up. The newish, unopened ones are ready to go into our Christmas Eve lucky dip/tombola/treasure hunt (I can't remember what we're doing this year - or perhaps we haven't decided yet). 

This is a task I'll enjoy - definitely - now what to do with all the lovely bottles once they're finished?

I'm back on the card creation for a while. Firstly, because I've a craft fair looming next weekend and they always sell well. Secondly, it'll get me in the right frame of mind to start on this year's Christmas versions.

I'd seen some rather like this one in a magazine a long time ago and fancied having a try.


Once I'd worked out the template it was great fun fidgeting about with different fabrics to get the effect I wanted and to rummage through the button box for the 'cherry' on top.

What do you think?

Right, on with a bit of discipline now.. My next Substack post is due - all about Deadlines this time. I'm trying to be good about posting on time so it's probably the right subject... Perhaps you'd like to pop over there to have a look?


No comments:

Post a Comment