Monday 20 November 2023

Getting It Sorted - Read All About It

 This week I really am going to focus on my reading! I keep getting sidetracked online and with my Kindle, but the real issue is the pile of magazines that I seem to be building!


This lot were loitering in a drawer under the TV and I've found some more in the garden room. Most of them I've skim read and dived a bit deeper into one or two articles. All of them sit accusingly of.. well I was going to say a task, but it's not, it's supposed to be an enjoyable pastime, The thing that stops me enjoying it fully, I suppose, is the number of unread issues. So.... this week I'm going to carve out the time to finish them all (yes, even the one from April!) and indulge the fun of reading before moving them off to new homes....

I have, however, been busy with the sewing machine. A while back I needed some fabric with the characters from the Bluey cartoon series to make one of my great nieces a picture for her birthday - I've shared that photo before. The fabric seemed very expensive so I bought a duvet cover at a fraction of the price and had plenty left over.  I made some fabric pots with Bluey and family on them and a tote bag for each of the great nieces - there was still quite a bit left so I've made a few more bags and put them on the local sales page.


Amazingly they sold immediately and paid for the original duvet cover! I've still got some fabric, but the characters left are a bit big for bags so I'm off into town for some wadding. The girls can all have mini Bluey quilts for their dolls/teddies this Christmas!

I really ought to organise myself enough to take photos and write out instructions to show how to make these bits and pieces. It certainly spreads the cost of presents! I'll put it onto my to do list. Maybe I'll get around to sharing some of the 'how to make' ideas on my Substack once I've finished with Phonics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment