Friday 1 December 2023

Getting it Sorted - Rather Sweetly!

 If you read last week's post you'll know I'm stealing my sister's tips and hacks - last time it was keeping the hand cream close, now it's the attack on my waistband.

I attempt at regular intervals to control my weight. It's not that I'm overly above where I should be healthwise - it's just that a few pounds would make a difference to my blood pressure readings. Often I get caught out when I've made a firm resolution about what I'm going to do and then don't have what I need with me.

Take these,


I'm trying to cut down on sugar. I have tried tea without sweetening. The problem is that as I can't stomach (quite literally) milk in tea I feel the need for something in the hot coloured water! I do use sweeteners to try and help me at home, but don't aways have them with me. These have now appeared at my sister's. Yes, the solution is not to rely on remembering to take mine out of the kitchen, but to have more than one supply. So now there's one pack on my sister's work surface and another in my handbag. No excuses now!

Craft wise I'm sort of repeating the bag making session. I made some tote bags for my mum and sister a while back which they find handy when out and about. Then, just recently, there was a book sale in the library and my elder niece's two bought up a stock of reading material. They then had nothing to put their books in and so commandeered the two tote bags. That's fine, but they don't want to give them back as they reckon that they are handy!

Hence these....


I feel another set of instructions coming on as these are simpler than the Bluey bags. They are unlined so are a bit quicker to make, lighter and fold up smaller....

Once I get to the instructions part of my Substack they'll have to go on it too.... Like the Bluey bags they started life in another guise. The orange bag started out as a curtain! Nice and sustainable eh? I feel some recycling posts coming on!


No comments:

Post a Comment