Wednesday 23 November 2022

Topping up the stocks

Another day, another attempt to catch up!

So, the cost of living is a huge issue for so many people. There are loads of ways to help without finding too much extra cash so here's my plans to try and find ways to add to the donations within my means!

Month 11 - Bite 7

Most supermarkets have donation bins like these...


 For a while I've popped the odd thing in, but it's not really been at the forefront of my mind. From today (and yes, I'm off shopping - who does eat the food in this house? why does it disappear so fast?) I'm going to put buying an extra or two to go in the donating points on every shop.

Month 11 - Bite 8

I noticed on today's shop that the self-service till is offering me the option of rounding my bill up to the nearest pound for a charity donation. I thought the odd few pence wouldn't make too much difference until I stop and began working out what would happen if everyone going through the tills added 10p in this way. Then I started looking at the numbers of customers through our local supermarket in one hour and it was mind-blowing. So, if I do this every time I shop and so do a significant number of others, it's got to help, hasn't it?

Month 11 - Bite 9

I had to pop in for one or two items that weren't available the other day. One of them was a buy one get one free and another '4 for the price of 3'. I don't necessarily like these as, with only two of us, we just tend to cause a storage problem - and don't get me started on the size of pre-packed vegetables where it's sometimes the only way to buy them and then it's just too much for the two of us!

It was a no-brainer, and I should have thought of it before - all I had to do was donate the spare 'free' item into the food box.

Hmmm.... I wonder if there are any other easy ways to donate stuff I don't need... watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment