Tuesday 15 November 2022

Paying it Forwards and Giving it Back

 So that’s another month done and dusted.

As we fast approach the season of giving and getting why not get ahead with the giving bit?

I’ve not forgotten Month 10 and its extra mouthful, but I’ll catch up with that later - more photos needed...

Anyway, here’s Month 11’s elephant to start on.




Month 11 - Bite 1

I remember a story from Richard Carlson’s ‘Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff’ about motorists on a toll bridge. The driver at the beginning of the queue paid his toll and that of the following car. When the next driver found his toll had been paid, he paid for the car behind and so it continued. Everyone gave and all but that first driver received. One small act that made a whole lot of people’s day better.

In the spirit of that this month will be a whole heap of stuff I can do to contribute to others, while not breaking the bank myself!

Here’s the first...

I mentioned last minute month about how the neighbours round here tend to help each other out... well, I got a chance today. Often my next-door neighbours on either side go away. Today one of them popped in to say that they’ve got the chance of a quick break before Christmas. The only problem is that, being Christmas, they’ve ordered a number of things for gifts that would be delivered while they’re away and they are reluctant to go with so much due for delivery. So it was easy to agree to collect up their parcels and pop them indoors while they are away. First pay it forwards achieved.


Month 11 - Bite 2

While chatting to my neighbour I remembered her telling me about some friends of hers that had started mosaic work. I had a brush with it a number of years ago and made a fish ornament for the garden.





Somehow I haven't got around to doing any more, but still have some of the tiles and the tile cutter I used so they are gathering dust and spiders in the shed.



Time for me to pull them out and see if the friends want them - giving something away to someone who will use it has got to be better than it languishing round at mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment