Monday 21 November 2022

Playing Catch-Up

I've got a bit behind with all my good intentions!

I don't know why that is.. I've made notes, taken photos (some of which I've managed to lose - don't know how I've done that either!!!

Anyway, the next few posts will need to contain a number of bites written from the notes I made. These may well read a bit like the Strictly Sunday show - with me referring to today or yesterday when it's obviously not - be that as it may it's all in the panicked catch-up of someone who feels the oncoming approach of Christmas and all that entails....

So...
Month 11 - Bite 3

In the sorting out I did last month I did put aside a number of items to pass on to others. I mentioned the tile cutters last time and once they'd gone I took a look at what I'd stashed away in the garage.

There's supposed to be a great photo of empty paint tins here - but it's one of the photos that's gone awol.. and I can't retake it as I've carted the tins off to a repair/art place locally that make good use of odds and ends of decorating materials to help spruce up homes and surroundings at no cost.

Month 11 - Bite 4

I did track down this picture though.

It's the home for retired tennis balls at our local club. People can then help themselves for practice sessions with the worn-out balls if they feel like torture or take them for dog chasing.

I found two or three tubes of balls that haven't been used in a while and added them to the club's collection.


Month 11 - Bite 5

A search in the loft for some fleece uncovered more towels that I must have stored up there a while ago. Perhaps when I was exploring the airing cupboard, who knows?




I've bundled them all up and they're off to a local pet/animal rescue centre where they'll be put to good use.

Month 11 - Bite 6

Time to open the coat cupboard and have another hunt through for coats I haven't used in a while. I know I did this earlier in the year, but there one or two that I thought might be useful until I realised that I already had plenty without them.




Our local libraries have warm rails where they put out donated outer layers for anyone who needs one to take. No prizes for guessing where my surplus is off to!

First rapid-fire selection over.. more soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment