Monday 30 January 2012

Getting there....

Well, I have been practising with the camera - making sure I set up a clear background and so on, but I'm not there yet by any means!

Here's my latest creation ....
Aha - amazing what putting things on a sheet of white paper will do!

This was for a friend's birthday - I've had these bits and pieces of silk for ages and wanted to use them for something nice - hence my friend's brooch/corsage..  The little green button was one I made before Christmas when another friend taught me how to make decorations and buttons from porcelain clay, then wax resist, paint and glaze them.  It was very therapeutic spending time at the pottery creating away...


I'm going to try and spend some time making some more of these corsages once I've had another go at my (lack of) photographic skills so that I can add them to my new project.. an Etsy shop.

I've opened one now, but it's boring and the images aren't too good so that's the target for the next couple of weeks - to beautify my shop and start to fill it with good looking wares.  I've got some handspun scarves and beaded bangles all ready to go, they just need the right photos!  Then I might feel confident enough to put a link to it here and stop hiding it away in embarassment..

Mind you - it's another friend's party this coming weekend and I haven't finished her house warming card/present yet.. I'll pop a picture on here when I'm done.

Oh yes, and I suppose a spot of work wouldn't come amiss either so it's back to the computer to get on with a teaching resource for Julian, Secret Agent by Ann Cameron....

No comments:

Post a Comment