Monday 9 January 2012

All set and ready to go...

Well, with 12th night done and dusted the tree is down and the decorations are away.  It may be a bit perverse, but I actually enjoy the putting away and storing of everything after Christmas almost as much as the getting out and setting up!  I do like to deal with the tree in a quiet and orderly way - first taking down the lametta and popping it into a bag, then taking down the baubles and storing them in an old box that I got my boots in many years ago, then comes the tinsel and finally the lights wound back around the piece of cardboard they came on and popped into yet another shoe box.  The there's the cards, I like to read them again, then make a list of everyone who sent one, so I don't forget next year.  Then I store all the close family ones with the date on them, remove any bits from the others that I can use to make next year's cards and finally cut any remaining bits of card up for shopping lists.  It makes me feel all organised and sorted!

In the past I've then put everything away, including the trimmings I've saved for making next year's cards and decorations,.  The problem with it is that my best intentions about making things seem to vanish in the run up to Christmas - so this year I'm going to do my making now, probably with a Christmas film on DVD and a small sherry (!) just to invoke the festive spirit.....

Now I feel all ready for the New Year - late though it may seem.  I'm not a great resolution maker, but that might just change as a trip to the library last week put a copy of a lovely book in my hands and I might just have to make everything in it.. More of that later as some writing work arrived on Friday and I really ought to set to on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment