Thursday 30 June 2022

Money, Money, Money...

 And Finally...

It's back to my notebook and cash records for the end of the holiday....

Month 6 - Bite 29

Having recorded all the spending as I go through the holiday it's time to total up where we spent what and how. 

The cash totals help me to work out what we'll need in terms of currency next time and the credit card purchases provide a guide as to how much all the other costs come to.



This time it had been so long since we'd travelled abroad that I took far too much! Mind you, I'm dithering about changing the spare back as a quick check online shows exactly how much worse off I'll be if I simply go and change it back into sterling. Patience is needed for this one as it may be that the conversion rates change, in which case I'll get my cash converted. However, if I think the hit is too much I'll keep my Euros for the next time or until I know someone who is going abroad and would like to buy them from me at a rate that's fair to both of us!

Month 6 - Bite 30

This is something I keep meaning to do and never have, so now's the time. Today's the day to research an easy access account with the best possible interest rate to open. This account I want to keep separate from my other finances and it will have a target too. The target is going to be the total cost of our holiday so that next time (even if I don't reach the full target) financing it will be easier on the day to day household budget.

So, that's this month all sewn up...

My favourite holiday saying though is a true money saver and helps the planet too.....

Take only photographs, leave only footprints...

Don't know who said it, but, boy, were they right!

No comments:

Post a Comment