Saturday 2 July 2022

Partytime

 I know I haven't been burdening this flow of posts with a specific time of year, but as I type it's just about the busiest time of year in our family for birthdays and celebrations! So, here we go with some suggestions and ideas for the fun times ahead that will have a positive impact on my purse (I hope). Some of the ideas will be prompts for me to try out while others will be tried and tested, so let's go!


Month 7 - Bite 1

Couldn't resist this particular party animal elephant in her festive frock, even if she does look a little unstable after celebrating!


Way back in Month 1 I made a list of dates and anniversaries and in Month 2 I started looking at making one or two things to keep in store. Now it's time to ramp up the efforts. I'm going to begin adding to the list suggestions for each of the occasions. I know what particular sweets certain family members like or puzzle books or bath stuff so I can put those into the list. There are other things they've mentioned that they'd like to try - that afternoon tea the other month for example - so those experiences can go in too. The main thrust behind this is to make sure that I don't get caught unawares with no thought in my head of what I might get, do or make. That's the fastest way to waste money that I know and doesn't necessarily mean that the recipient ends up with the best present for them - or perhaps one that they even like...


Month 7 - Bite 2

Card making is next on the list. Here's a selection of various cards I've already made for friends and family. I keep photos of them to spark off new versions - although it's a bit tricky sometimes making sure that I don't re-send copies to anyone!


This one features a handmade ceramic button on some wet felted fabric I created.


A special sewn card for a milestone birthday.


Okay, the original photo in the middle is a magnet created by my niece's husband and his camera, but the pebble photo and composition is mine!

More stitchery onto card.


I just found this ladybird button and knitted a background square.


I've made ice cream brooches from felt before and had a spare that became a card topper.


It's amazing what you can do with some card, an envelope and some scraps of fabric, paint and paper...

I also like to photograph any good ideas I see to help inspire me for the future - that includes stuff I see in magazines or shops too.

I'll add an extra mouthful at the end of the month with some more easy designs....


No comments:

Post a Comment