Tuesday 3 May 2022

A bit of research

 Month 5 - Bite 2

I love a good read and this bite gives me permission to settle down with a book, well e-reader, pencil and paper. I have some favourites I re-read to give me a smile and some inspiration when I start to wobble about money. (It's particularly pleasing that I got a couple of these as free e-books and another as a present.)

Two of these are 'The Year of Less' by Cait Flanders and 'How I Lived a Year on Just a Pound a Day' by Kath Kelly. These are the titles I'm going to spend some time revisiting now making the odd note where I want to try their suggestions. 

I know this task will take longer than today, but I'll enjoy it and am happy to devote time as research every day. I might also take another look at The Moneyless Man by Mark Boyle once I've finished. These authors have my admiration for their approach while I don't think I could ever match their persistence and stamina.


Month 5 - Bite 3

I declare today my 'Buy Nothing Day'. Nothing. Not a thing. 

Food has to come from what I've already got. Entertainment from resources. Craft from stores. Online shopping banned. Bit more research to find other free things to do perhaps...

Simple. Necessary. Wonder how long I could keep it up if I tried?


Month 5 - Bite 4


This one will be good for me... Generally we don't have a drink every day and have non-alcohol days regularly, usually when we've been playing sport as we don't tend to fancy one then.

I'm going for a run of days from now. I want to move to more alcohol-free days in a week than the other way round and so today I'm going to experiment further with what else I might choose instead, especially for those long summer days (you never know) when a drink out in the sunshine beckons and I fancy more than plain water (tap of course).

Think I'll start with that elderflower cordial I spy, that topped up with soda water...

No comments:

Post a Comment