Friday 20 May 2022

A Bit of Fresh Air

 The weather is improving, honestly! So it's time to use it for some free enjoyment in the fresh air...

Month 5 - Bite 18

Having done all that gardening work it's time to make the most of it, so today's free task is... to sit in the sunshine. Factor applied and all that, but now is the time so catch some Vitamin D rays that are going begging....

It's a hard life, but someone's got to do it....


Month 5 - Bite 19

Getting out and about may well mean taking the car part of the way so it's just as well to check how and where to park beforehand to avoid big car parking charges...

Today I need to sit down with a map app and look at some of the short journeys that I do which are too long to walk all the way (or that I end up carrying too much for it to be practical) and to see if there's any free parking nearby. In many cases, I'm sure, there will be a big bonus of free parking for a little research and leg work. I know that one car park further away from the shops is free for one hour and that there are some short stay places around town that let you park for nothing. If I were to use some of these I could avoid charges and have a gentle leg stretch at the same time. I just need to know where they are and how long you can park there for....


Month 5 - Bite 20

Now my revolutionary idea to get outside for free and exercise without paying for a gym... I'm off for a walk! Original eh? Well, we are lucky that around here there are plenty of nice places, beach, woods, countryside, but a stroll through the local park is good too... Where shall I suggest we go today?




Month 5 - Bite 21

Bit more energetic now....

Time to get fully back to ParkRun. If you've never tried this give it a go.

There are ParkRun events all over the place. You just need to register to get a bar code and then you turn up at the appropriate spot and join in. The bar code bit has two main uses. Firstly it gives an emergency contact attached to your name so that if there are any problems the organisers can get hold of someone for you. Secondly, and the most used reason for it, is that as you finish your time is recorded against your bar code and another finishing token is scanned at the same time. This then gives information about your times, positions, personal bests and so on that get emailed to you after the run.

Now I'm no hare, more of a tortoise, but it doesn't matter as it's a run, not a race. Everyone can go at their own pace, some people walk, others tear off and are at the finishing line before I'm halfway round, but it's a great way to start a Saturday morning. Oh and it's free...

I have a few targets of my own and if I get 3 or 4 out of 5 of them I'm happy. So it's time to restart these regularly now...

They are: 
1. I must finish
2. I must run all the way
3. I must not be last
4. I must try to have more than 10 people behind me and
5. I must try to beat my previous time.

Sometimes in the past I've managed 5 out of 5... wonder what this new attempt will do....

                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment