Monday 15 April 2024

Back on Track to get things sorted

 Okay, so life is re-establishing some sort of normal, albeit a bit different to before Mum went into hospital. I've caught up with cleaning, washing, ironing, Substack posts and all that, although inroads into the ebook I'm putting together and the pile of craft stuff to do remain fairly untouched.

I've started a bit of a digital sort out too. I couldn't find a number of photos and documents and realised that the folders on the laptop, phone and hard drive were in a real state. Having begun reorganising it all I've noticed how much needs decluttering and deleting. I've written all about my intended path through my digital muddle on my Substack so I'll leave out the details. Suffice to say it's taking a while, but is really satisfying. I've begun labelling folders coherently and cleared loads of room on all my storage meaning that my devices seem to be operating much faster!

Of course all that has led to one or two headaches. There's only so much staring at a screen that the body will take. It made me think about the chat with the doctor about health, blood pressure, relaxation and stress. A while ago I had a problem with my feet - too much tennis and not replacing my shoes early enough. I bought a massage ball at the time.


It works like magic. Firstly rolling it around under the balls of my feet released the tingling sensations and went quite a way towards dealing with the pain, then I tried it up and down my calves after tennis and running to massage the muscles - brilliant.

So now I've been employing it around my shoulders and voila! Soreness and much of the headachey feeling have gone...

I did think thought that a break from the screen was in order so I whisked out the sewing machine. For a while now I've been considering doing a series of 'how to' makes or showing how I've recycled one item into another. I'm sure I've mentioned it before. During my digital show down I found lots of photos I'd taken over time of projects step by step. All I need to do now is to find the time to write the instructions! One step at a time though.

Having sorted through a number of mum's clothes that no longer fit her in order to make room in her wardrobe I've got a bag of bits and pieces that weren't good enough for the charity shop/selling online. There were some nice petticoats with the odd mark on them and so I've mass produced a load of scrunchies.


both from the slips and from some spare cotton fabric...



They can go in my box ready for selling at a craft or Christmas Fair later in the year..

Planning ahead - not that's really getting things sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment