Thursday 9 May 2024

From One Thing to Another

 It’s nearly time to go away! Yes, the tennis has started in Rome, we’ve got our tickets and there’s only a week left now. It’s been a difficult one to look forward to this year. Leaving behind what’s going on at home with Mum, and that meaning that my sister doesn’t get a holiday at all (not really any break in her day much either) leaves me feeling guilty and yet very grateful that I’m getting the chance.

Sorting my clothes out ready to go has shown me once again that I have far too many that I’ve been holding onto for no real reason. This dress I got when I was working and travelling a lot. It doesn’t crease, packs easily and is really comfortable. I don’t need it now though and as I’ve already been retired for seven years it’s not so new either.


Having had success with other items for the family on Vinted - that’s where it’s going - along with a selection of others that look great, but that are no longer any use to me - or even fit….

There are some clothes though that, having done good service are past their best and are no good for their original purpose.

This skirt is one. 

It’s a lovely,soft, reversible skirt, but has catches and worn patches so can’t be worn. A leisurely scroll through Instagram led me to some simple mini bag patterns and voila…

This is one from the reverse of the skirt and there’s another of these and two from the main body of it! Now I just need to find the patterns and time to turn some of my other cast-offs from one thing to another!

I’ll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment