Saturday 6 August 2022

Hang out the bunting!

 Extra Mouthful Number Four

I did mention some help with crafting inexpensive cards so here's one idea...

Bunting always seems to go alongside celebrations so I wanted to create some cards for birthdays, etc. using it as a feature.

Firstly I cut some decorating paper and plain card so that they fit onto a card blank...


                                                 

Next came a selection of tiny triangles from paper scraps - you could use magazines or old wrapping paper too...

                                                    

Finally I glued them onto the top piece of card, linked them with a drawn line and mounted it all onto a card blank.


You could add a greeting to the front of the card as well if you like.

Then I wanted to see how it would look repeated in fabric. This time I glued some fabric to the top card and cut the triangles out of leftover bits and pieces of fabric from other projects.

                                                      

I glued the top edge of the triangles to the fabric before stitching a line instead of drawing it. Then, again I mounted this all onto the card blank..



One or two more to make and then I can add them to the greetings card store ready for the next appropriate occasion.






No comments:

Post a Comment