Monday 27 May 2013

What do you mean it's Monday again!

Yep, got caught out with busy-ness and didn't get to blog last week. So what's been going on?
Well, I've been away working in Orpington for a week followed by some more time in Wales, I've had some fun at my sister's and seen all my family while I was staying with her (one of the big bonuses of working near London!) and met up with friends. I'm ploughing through the writing on my desk(top) and it's also festival time here so loooaaaddsss to get up to - sadly most of it resulting in zilch photos!!

Anyhow, the sun is shining and I'm about to have a few days off so I might even get something creative on the camera.....

The week at my old school was good. As I mentioned it means seeing a lot of my sister, mum and nieces and some really nice social meals out - one of which seemed to involve a lot of Sangria - don't know who suggested that (eh Juds!). Juds and I also tried our hand at decorating mirrors with shells. As I left her place before the glue was completely dry I don't have any photos, still if they've worked and the shells are still stuck on I'll get some next time I'm up there!

I was also able to browse Hobbycraft as the girls (and Richard) had bought me a voucher for my birthday. Among my buys were these...

 
 
So now I can really have a good try with needle felting and hopefully save my fingers from the barbs. I did get some other stuff, but I can't show you or it won't be a surprise for someone....
 
While I was in Wales I did manage to get on with the merino that neds to be turned into a teddy, but this is as far as I got before running out of yarn.. just needed a bit more for the arms...

 
 
 
Hopefully I can beg some at spinning next week so I can finish it off. I've almost finished the dress for it too - that should hide some of the uneven spinning!
 
 
It was our wedding anniversary last week as well. Thankfully I had enough time to put a card together.... I had bought the wooden heart a while ago thinking it would be useful at some point - and it was!

 
 
As far as creativity goes there's not much else in the way of photos - although I've been writing plenty for work - sadly words don't work for the camera so you'll just have to take my word for it that it's been extremely satisfying, especially now I'm about halfway through the task.
 
It's also Exmouth Festival as I write - the website here shows last year's events - the video gives a flavour of what happens here - everything from Reggae to Sand Sculpture, clay modelling in the park to Soul Bands and fireworks.. all free and enjoyable - especially when the weather is as kind as it's been so far this year. We went down to hear Souled on Saturday night in the Gardens - a nine piece band that a friend's husband plays with. There's so much going on in and around Exmouth creatively that it makes me feel positively lazy!
 
That's about it I think - just off to Handmade Monday for a catch up and some inspiration.. hopefully I'll have time this week to comment on some of the lovely stuff there.....
 
Have a good week....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy time! I love the card - simple but really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is a busy time. I tried needle felting for the first time this week and loved it (fingers all intact!) Shame about the teddy. Hope you enjoy your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely time with friends and family! Hope you enjoy the needle felting - I am just starting this too.

    ReplyDelete