Monday 3 June 2013

Plenty of inspiration (but not much action!)

There's been plenty to see and hear around Exmouth over the last week or so with the festival in full swing! It's been good to get out and about and enjoy what's been going on, soaking up the creativeness of lots of people as well as the long awaited sunshine!

Firstly the music continued in the gardens - this picture doesn't really do the crowds justice, but it's been busy throughout the festival with good weather almost all the time. In fact it's the first time for ages that the sand sculpture competition hasn't been drowned! Sadly as I was being good and chained myself to the computer to finish the teaching notes I needed to get done I don't have any photos of that this year!

We popped into one of the local bars/pubs for lunch the other day and they had an exhibition of some sparkly collages. (They often exhibit work by local artists/craftspeople.) Again apologies for the photos, but they were great. The collages included all sorts of bits and pieces - paper, beads, sequins, miniature treasures - and were on coloured/painted canvases. I keep looking at the two I've bought ready to make some creation or other thinking I'd love a go at that... When I get wround to it - you'll be the first to know....

 
 Then we soaked up some sun on the beach. I still have to pinch myself sometimes to realise that I really do live here, even after seven years. It's all so different from a 'proper job' near London. I never actually thought I'd be just ten or fifteen minutes walk from the beach and yet that's exactly where I am!

 
 
I also needed a card for a friend's birthday and while I was in the shop/gallery in town I saw this. It's by Moose, one of our local artists, and I couldn't resist it. Just about sums up the fun!

 
 
While I was there I got one of those 'I make stuff like this' moments. I just wasn't brave enough to chat to the manager about whether or not they might be interested in some bits and pieces like the handmade brooches like these...
 


Any ideas?
Right I'm off to get a coffee and enjoy Handmade Monday....
Who knows I might get my act together this week - it is spinning group on Wednesday - I might get that bear finished!

5 comments:

  1. I love your brooches, particularly the rosette style one's. I've been making fabric flowers similar to these but it's taken a little while to work out the best fabric stiffness and size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple heart is gorgeous! I know what you mean about wondering whether to approach someone who sells the sort of stuff which you know you could supply them with! I can't pluck up courage to start the conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO you should have asked. Silly you. If you don't ask you won't get! The sky is amazing in your beach photo. Certainly looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with being brave enough too, I don't know why it's so hard as the worst they could say is no (and you don't die of that!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brooches are lovely - next time you're in, ask! What have you got to lose? Have a good week-end, Jo x

    ReplyDelete