Monday 8 April 2013

Sick Note

Dear Teacher..err.. Reader,
Please forgive Susan's absence from the blogging world for the past couple of weeks. This has been sue to severe eyestrain and clogged brain leading to a complete lack of creative productivity and..

Convinced? No, neither am I, but I suppose like all good fake sick notes there's an element of truth in it!

Plenty of time working away from home and a pile of close proof reading have rather impinged on my blog and making time, still let's see if I can catch up a bit..

Talking of sick notes - just a mention here for my niece Jen who managed to fracture her elbow on her way home from work the other weekend... She's on the mend and packing for Boston, so hopefully she'll be feeling a lot better soon.

I did get down to Cardiff Bay last time I was working in the Principality and got to take a look around and visit the Craft Centre. Very interesting - I hardly recognise anywhere from my time at University - still as that was rather a long time ago I guess it's to be expected.


We also got to Bovey to the Guild Craft Centre to have a look at the latest exhibition and displays. Even when the stuff there isn't to my taste it's still inspiring and great to refresh the crative side of the brain (especially when it's a bit numbed by endless computer work!).

There were some lovely cushions there as well as some other textile work and it made me itch to get the machine out...
 
As luck would have it, Graeham was out playing badminton one evening so I did actually get as far as starting this bag that came already cut out in a book that my nieces bought me ages ago. It still needs its handles finishing, but I'm quite pleased so far.

 
Oh yes, and I did get my mum's cardy finished and posted off to her too.....


Right, now it's off to Handmade Monday for a browse before settling down to work - writing this time at last....

Back next week.. or I'll have to get a proper note from my mum, eh?

5 comments:

  1. Your bag is coming along nicely - I've made the same one and will be giving it to my niece as one of her birthday presents this weekend! Those cushions look gorgeous, totally inspiring as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit like my story! glad you've found some time for the creative again.
    The bag is looking good, great fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, there's a craft centre at Cardiff Bay? I must plan a trip there soon!
    Love the bag and the cardigan too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not huge, but very interesting and they do workshops too... there's some info at http://www.makersguildinwales.org.uk/ ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hey Sue, nice to see you back :-) Love the bag - it'll be brilliant now the weather's on the turn for the better! Simmi x

    ReplyDelete