Monday 15 April 2013

That Spring Cleaning Feeling...

Hmmm nothing to do with housework I admit, but there just get to be some times when I need to reorganised, clear out and finish off!

Having spent some time last week checking what was in some boxes in the loft and putting some work away up there to keep the study clear I went to a Boot Fair with my friends who live either side of us. I always feel better when I come home with less than I started - it's actually nothing to do with raising money, but lots to do with feeling less cluttered!!

Once I started on the finishing off it sort of carried on....

Actually, I say nothing to do with housework, but I did feel better when the washing basket and ironing pile was clear - more to do with Graeham's pushing it all through than me being efficient. Mind you, I was very happy to finally get to grips with handwashing some jumpers that I kept ignoring - mainly because it's such a bind finding somewhere for them to drip happily in the midst of the weather we've been having.

Anyway, where was I, oh yes, finishing off....

Well, I'm still attacking the stash and I've decided to go for 'pick something up and then don't put it down till you've done something with it'. The first victim of this was a ball of chunky wool left over from a waistcoat at Christmas. So here it is.. all finished...

 
 
Of course there was still a bit more left so it had to be a cowl.. followed by the wool left over from making Ruby's one so that was another!



Then the left over sock wool turned itself into mobile socks...

 
Then I got as far as finishing the proofreading marathon I was on and onto these books that needed teachers' notes....

 
 and these too......

 
They then had to go back into the loft - so I suppose I'm sort of back where I started, eh?!
 
And then I HAD to finish off the last of the Easter eggs ... well you have to don't you?????
 
Still, it's badminton tonight so let's hope I run off some of that chocolate....
Am off the Handmade Monday now - sorry it's a bit short and sweet this week, but I've got 8 more books to do before I head off back to Wales on Wednesday... will be more expansive (and hopefully more interesting too) next week....
 
Have fun!
 


4 comments:

  1. You have certainly been busy! Your hat and cowl's look lovely. Hope your proof reading is finished xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see great stash busters, great idea to keep going till the yarn is used. May have to do the same with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Well done on the boot sale and starting with the stash. I see you had to do notes for the Highway Rat - great book :) I always read book thinking about how I could use them in the classroom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep those needles moving Sue! Love the colours and designs you have done!





    www.piskycoveblog.com

    ReplyDelete