Monday 28 January 2013

Starting something else!!

 
I know it annoys and frustrates most people I know, but I just can't help having lots on the go at once! Having got on the 'I've knitted a blanket' train, I've found it nigh impossible to get off - so here's the third one I''ve now started.. There is a method in my madness in that they are all very different and from different parts of my stash. This one is from a bag of oddments that a friend gave me. She loves Noro yarns and has made a number of different jackets and jumpers which leaves her with plenty of leftovers. Her rather generous way of dealing with this lovely stash is to give it to me! So here's the start of it...

 
 
Then my sister phoned.. she hasn't had the same lack of snow as us and says that her handmade socks are perfect for the time of year and could she have some more. What else could I say, but yes? How lovely to be asked to make something instead of looking for excuses about why I should! SO, that pair of fingerless wristwarmers and phonesock that I proudly displayed a little while ago are now nearly a pair of socks instead! I will buy some wool for a proper new pair, but it seemed too good to be true that I had enough to get a pair off to her asap.. Pics when I've finished...
 
Mind you it wasn't all about starting something new. Mum's friend has lost a brooch I made so there's a choice on it's way to her so she can replace it!
 


And it's my friend's birthday today - so she's getting one of my sister-in-law's bathmelts in one of my handmade boxes.. I love it when it all goes to plan! And I've even remembered to put the link on this page too under Fentons of Kent...


 
Does beginning a new book count as starting something new too?  This was a Christmas present from my sister - the story is unfolding against the backdrop of the Cathars, Carcassone and all the usual Kate Mosse features - I'm loving it!
 
 
 
Gosh, I know this is a bit short this week, but not only do I want my coffee break over at Handmade Monday, but I've also got the last bit of writing on my desk to finish. It's the teachers' notes for a non-fiction text and I'm trying hard to finish it today if I can so that I can award myself time off this week. Especially as I've got to spend nearly all of next week working in Wales - still, lots of hotel room time to sit and knit and get one with some needle felting too......
 
Catch you next week!


3 comments:

  1. I love the colours of the yarn it looks lovely and cosy. I've never read any Kate Mosse and I'd be interested to hear what you think. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lot of things all on the go!I am surprised that you have any time left for reading! I hope that everyone is pleased with all their presents! Hope you have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have loads of things on the go - and it really annoys Mr Gertie....

    The colours in the yarn are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete