Monday 15 October 2012

What a difference a week makes!

Phew! The weeks rattle on at a pace..

Last week I finished off creating some English tests and thought that was the end of my work for the forseeable and then the proof reading started appearing - yippee..

On top of that, last week's fair was fairly quiet - lots of people looking and making nice noises about things but not buying and then at this week's fair they started buying stuff too...

It just proves you can't predict what's going to happen.. Perhaps it's just that I seem to have more energy this week - look what I've been up to!  I decided to use some materials lying around

beads

 
 
and yarn
 
 
 
and some sari silk I spun ages ago


and other ideas that had come free with magazines -
 
even if these aren't quite finished!



I even got as far as getting the sewing machine out (more of that next time) and found a stash of felt to hand stitch (I'll do some photos of that for next time too)..

Oh yes and having got the photos to load onto the blog I found that I'd got some comments as well.. (a while ago), but I hadn't taught myself about finding them until I stumbled across them - so I know there are people out there reading my ramblings.. quite a week..

Think I mentioned the idea of 101 tips for pulling the horns in financially so I'll start on those, while I'm on a run..

Number 1 I've mentioned before.. Having read a book by someone who wanted to try a year without buying anything I was stunned when she suggested started with her kitchen cabinet containing 11 different types of rice - I couldn't begin to name more than 4 or 5!  Still I've been literally raiding the larder.  We're on a mission to finish up things in the cupboards before buying too much food.. I may not have 11 different types of rice, but tea.. hmmmm...

and that leads to Number 2.. Now the freezer has been virtually emptied it's now being defrosted as I type in order to make it work more efficiently.  It's the second appliance to fall under my beady eye. Hope it meets with more success than the washing machine.  The recommendation for ours is that if you use lots of low temperature washes you should run a high temperature programme every so often.  I have, but sadly it seems that the snail hotel in our pipes was at maximum capacity - so now the utility room reeks of boiled snails!!  eerruugh...

Anyway - that's enough of me for now -

Have a good week....

No comments:

Post a Comment