Monday 29 October 2012

Can You Guess What It Is Yet?

Have been having fun starting stuff this week, but not necessarily finishing it!!!

I began with this

it's some handspun merino and silk that I want to knit into a bag and then felt in the washing machine..


Then there was this

 I'm about half way through this scarf


and this

the infinity scarf I started - I saw a video clip of how to do it and then low and behold another version appeared on the Craftseller Calendar that came recently.  I haven't quite finished it yet and the edges didn't curl under like I wanted, but I think I'll make a fabric flower to cover the seams...

Will keep you posted (!) as I get them finished...

I've also had a lovely time in and out of bookshops in the last 7 days.  I've been given a nice pile of writing to do - some of which is rewriting teachers' notes for books to replace some that are now out of print.  The first part of the process is finding the replacement books.. a super excuse for browsing through stacks of children's books.  I found this lovely new one that doesn't quite fit the bill for the objectives I need to cover, but couldn't resist buying it for future use - especially when the author was on hand to sign it too!


 
The one I've been working on today is this version of Rapunzel.  What a lovely way to earn a living!!!!


My biggest kick in the last week though was through my link to Handmade Monday.  I had some super comments on the blog.. it's brilliant that it's being read, but even more exciting that others are willing to spend time commenting.  I'm still browsing around the links on the Handmade blog and getting round to commenting, but until I get to everyone - thank you - it made my week!

Right - I'm off to Handmade Monday to check up on what everyone's up to...

Back soon....

5 comments:

  1. I think I need to find out what an infinity scarf is! I love the colours in the piece that you want to felt, can't wait to see it finished.
    Your job sounds brill! Fancy getting paid to read Rapunzel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have lots of things on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. I can't wait to see the finished felted bag. I'm very jealous of your wonderful job, any excuse to spend time in a bookshop. Have a lovely week.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're enjoying Handmade Monday! The work you're doing with children's books sounds intriguing. I think some weeks are all about starting projects, aren't they? And others are all about finishing off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that I am not the only one who gets easily distracted. I love books and buy far too many - lucky that you have the excuse of having to buy them. :)

    ReplyDelete