Wednesday 16 February 2022

Plastic, Fabric and Planning Ahead...

 I know, there's a bit of catching up to do!

I started off by thinking I'd leave it a few days so that I could report on the actions I'd taken, but then those few days became a few more, then I got caught up in a new project and some exciting finds and then... well, here we are about to try and organise my random thoughts into something coherent!

Month 2 - Bite 7

The plastic in my hidey holes has all been gathered up and trimmed... Having downloaded some of the cards as apps has not only saved on plenty of space, but has had the side effect of my using them more often. I no longer have to hunt them down, remember to take particular cards out, etc. I've also started to record when they save me money too. Fortunately the app I downloaded to record my spending right back at the beginning of this project allows me to enter this quickly and it's amazing how much is racking up in discounts and freebies now I'm making my plastic work...

Month 2 - Bite 8

I did consult with that list I made of all the dates and occasions needing presents and have started planning for them. Of course, this was all the more attractive a task when it led to some fabric and makes!

These bags are really easy (thank you YouTube) and are not only great for little presents, but also represent an environmental saving over wrapping paper. 



I actually got the fabric for all these fairy bags for £1 in a local market...


The next plans are for this to transform itself into Easter Bags for mini eggs and a bit of pocket money, it helps control the chocolate mountain that threatens to avalanche those around me too!



Month 2 - Bite 9

Now for something I'd been putting off.. really, you don't say?
Having gathered all those manuals and instructions together I've spent rather a long time actually reading them. Hidden inside are the gems of information that tell me what I ought to be doing to use my gadgets and machinery to their best advantage.

First of all I'm trying to implement the instructions about which are the most economical uses of each appliance, both for my pocket and the environment. I still can't get me head around the fact that the longer washes in the machine are better all round, but hey I'm not an expert. I'm also trying to only use full washes in order to limit the number I do.

Month 2 - Bite 10

The next on the list followed on from the audit of cleaning materials. It made me look closely at how often I use all those liquids and detergents. One of the best ways of cutting down has been to up the maintenance in line with the manufacturers recommendations. So, drains are now being kept clear, the freezer is properly defrosted and the washing machine is flushed through regularly. It's certainly saving time, effort and costs doing it this way rather than waiting for a major deep clean!!

Time for a pause before I launch into the fun and games of the clothes mountain.. oh, that other project, well maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment