Monday 11 March 2013

Only just - must be tired!

OOoohh nearly missed the Monday deadline - I'm going to blame a long journey home and tiredness for being a bit late this week (I like to get this done first thing, before I start on a new week's work and play!).

The long journey was after a really nice Mothering Sunday trip up to see Mum, my sister and two nieces. I decided to gp back to cross stitch for the card this year and was quite pleased with the result. I didn't finish the lacy cardy that I showed you previously, but measured the completed back against Mum and that seems to be fine so I must push on and finish it!

 
 
It was a really nice day with just the five of us.. Rebecca's husband was busy out on a photographic job at a wedding in Kew Gardens, lovely backdrop, shame about the weather!  He's a really good photographer - his website is http://www.romahoneyphoto.co.uk/ and he also does walking photographic tours once a month for Culture Club workshops in Covent Garden where he teaches people how to get the best out of their cameras.... all that and a day job too! Perhaps I need a bit of time with him to sort out my shots for this blog??!
 
We ate over at Jenny's (my youngest niece) - both the girls worked on our mini feast - Italian style and very nice too.. with cake and cream for pudding - I'm very lucky to be able to gatecrash every year! The journey up and back in a day is do-able, but yesterday the entry to the M5 to the M4 was closed which lengthened proceedings somewhat.. Still got home safe and sound that's the main thing!

 
 
I asked Jenny for a few words for today's blog - she reckoned 'Eat cake and be merry' was about right.. Which nicely ties in with the next book I've got to write notes for...

 
 
Followed by...

 
Then when I've finished this spell of writing it's back off to Wales for the end of the week... I'll be able to take that cardy with me for evening-in-the hotel-knitting as I've now finished the scarf I made with the sari silk waste that I spun a while ago... still didn't get enough alpaca spun up to add too much to the blanket I'm doing - I did enjoy having time out last week to spin though...

 
Think that just about covers this week! Now I've just enough time to dive over to Handmade Monday to see what everyone else has been up to before I get some of my writing off for proof reading!
 


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been very busy but the Mothers' day card's beautiful and I'm sure your mum loved it.I really like the look of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A busy week! I'm glad you had such a lovely mother's day, that cake does look delicious!!

    the sari silk scarf is gorgeous, a fantastic bit of upcycling :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the card was much appreciated, I like the colours. The scarf you have made looks very cozy. Another craft I would like to try. I have seen some second hand spinning wheels, but just wouldn't know where to start.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your posts about Noro yarn and sock knitting. Noro yarn is my favorite (especially for socks). Your scarf turned out lovely. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had such a lovely day. The cross stitched card is lovely. I really like the three squares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh sounds like a lovely Mother's Day - hope the journey back didn't exhaust you too much! I love the cross stitch card - I'm sure your Mum did too :-) Look forward to hearing what you thought of the Sheep Shenanigans - we've had one in that series out of the library and my kids loved it. Simmi x

    ReplyDelete