Monday 10 December 2012

On the road..

No blog last week - I was doing a lot, but didn't have anything to show! Work saw me travelling a bit - to Bristol and then twice to Wales with overnight stays.. It seems like there's lots of work happening so I'll be back and forth to Wales quite a bit over the next few months! The school staff I'm supporting there are lovely so I'm looking forward to it, although the winter driving will be a bit tiring...

Anyway, I haven't been idle, but can't show you everything in case the recipients are peeking! So here's a sneak preview...

 


Then I had a craft fair which went reasonably well and my tree decs seemed to attract some nice comments. Here's one final one for home that just needs neatening up - it's a wooden curtain ring that I found lurking.



I also decided on some festive knitted bunting!


And I've been playing with beads again - here's a bag charm I made 'cos I felt like it!


Then I found some of the clay shapes I made and popped some magnets on the back for some simple fridge magnets..

This week is all about catching up with some writing - no nice picture books this time - I'm mapping out the links between the Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish and English curriculum and the mateials provided by the organisation that I write for... Just a little bit of work before we start on the festivities..

Anyway that's a brief run down - I'm off to Handmade Monday - task avoidance tactics before I get started

7 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely makes especially the curtain ring which is a great idea. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have been busy, have you thought about the train for your trips, you can then craft, work or relax on the go.
    Curtain rings are great for all sorts of things, your decoration looks great.

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going by train - one year I did all my Christmas cards and some of my presents on a 5 hour each way trip to York for a meeting! Sadly my Welsh schools are in places too awkward to make it possibly without overnight stays - and I'm too fond of my own bed! Sue

      Delete
  3. I agree with Christmas Pie Crafts - great makes. I also cannot think of a better way to use old curtain rings - they are just the right size. i do not envy you in the latest project - you will finish it and then the government will have changed it all again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy week! Especially with all that driving in rotten weather! I don't know how you've fitted it all in! Have a good week, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea to use a curtain ring for a mini wreath, its such a cute decoration!!

    I can't wait to see the rest of the knitted gift you're making, it looks fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't envy you the work travel bit had enough of that in my day, Scotland one day back home and off to the US the next, not to mention most of the cities in the UK.

    I love your mini curtain ring ornament, so cute and such a good idea. Keep knitting and have a good week

    ReplyDelete