Monday 19 November 2012

Help - Addiction Warning!!

I thought I'd just try one or two boxes as featured on the Craftseller Calendar (another good idea from Wendy Massey!). I dug out some of the craft papers from various Craftseller magazines and started to experiment, but this should carry a health warning as it became a bit addictive and I soon found myself taking other gift wrappings apart and making new templates, then more boxes and then.....

 
 
 
I did actually get something I promised finished... my sister-in-law rather fancied a hand spun hat that I'd made for my husband when we visited recently and I said I'd do her one.  Luckily I had some alpaca that I'd spun a while ago so whipped this up - it's ever so soft and lovely and warm too. I posted it off and she rang to say it fits the bill!
 



The craft fair at Mum's village went really well, despite the grotty weather! I've got another one in a couple of weeks and as I'm back and forth to Wales a bit for work I thought I'd get ahead with some more mini children's bags.. hopefully I'll empty a bit more of my stash!


 
 
No book phots for a while as I'm working on some American materials that are great, but don't have very photogenic covers - they explore a range of reading skills with specially written text - it's easy writing, but lots of repetitive typing!!
 
Right that's it here for today - I'm off to Handmade Monday to catch up with everyone else - see not only a box addict, but task evasion expert too.. I will get down to work soon - promise!!! 

8 comments:

  1. Yes, those boxes are addictive aren't they? I think they're a great use for the free papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh don't those boxes look gorgeous!! i'm not surprised you couldn't stop making them :)

    your wooly hat is lovely too and perfect for this wintery weather! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very much in awe of your home spinning! The children's bags are a great idea. Hope you have as much fun this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your boxes look great and so does that lovely hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sue, I've looked at making some of those boxes and come to the same conclusion - very addictive!! Love the hat, it does look very snuggly :-) Simmi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the boxes you've made, especially the one with the little handle. That hat looks lovely and warm. I think we'll all be needing one this winter.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your presents are going to be well wrapped this Christmas with all those pretty boxes and your hand spun hat is definitely the business!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The boxes look festive and pretty. How satisfying to make a hat from wool you've spun yourself! Yet another craft I would like to try...
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete