Monday, 31 August 2026

Rattle those pots and pans

 I know I said I was going to look in the non food cupboards once I’d dealt with the edibles. I thought it would be a nice easy reward once I’d finished the first task, oh, was I wrong!


Cake tins when we rarely bake...

Soup cooking pot, when we don't make soup....


More glassware than you can shake a stick at (and there's more in both the utility room cupboard and the sideboard)...


Random ceramic and quiche dishes (I haven't cooked a quiche in twenty years!)

The lilac box even houses my pasta making machine - although in all fairness I'd like to  get back to making pasta...

This was only the tip of the ice berg. There was almost a complete set of plates, mugs and so on on the shelves that I can't reach and I won't begin to go into the cutlery drawers - especially when we've also got a boxed cutlery set that maybe sees light of day once or twice a year...

Something's got to give with this lot. I have a feeling sorting it will take some time, but just look at all that wasted room.......

Don't even get me started on the three boxes of jam jars I found. We're still eating last year's marmalade so there'll be no new jam this side of Christmas to use them either.

Hmmmm rationalisation needed methinks!


No comments:

Post a Comment