Monday, 13 July 2026

Onwards and upwards


 Whisper it softly - I’m making progress…. Okay not a lot of cleaning has been done, but I have caught up with the washing and ironing I mentioned last week. The freezer is now defrosted and I’ve got most things tidied away.



Time to start decluttering and organising room by room. I’m beginning with some quick and easy wins. The bathroom has to be first on the list, that also includes the toiletries I’ve got stashed around the house!

The bathroom cabinet isn’t too bad so won’t take long. There are some opened tubes and bottles that seem to be well past their sell by dates so they’ll need thinning out first.

Then attention can go to the spare bottles of hand cream, moisturiser and shower cream that are lurking in my wardrobe for storage. It’s time I worked my way through these - I’ve been ‘saving them’ as special treats to use at the right time - well, I’ve decided, that’s now. So I’m going to use them up by putting them one at a time in the bathroom and then, just like my new approach to my chores list, I’ll concentrate on finishing one before looking at the next.

Finally, I need to check my drawer with cosmetics, facial moisturisers, nail polish, etc. on opening three of the polishes I’ve been able to ditch them pretty quickly as they were almost solid! Then I checked on a tinted moisturiser. I’ve tried using it for a few days and have decided it definitely doesn’t do anything for me - so that’s gone too. There's some other potions and lotions that fall into this category so out thry go too.....

I’m happy with how it’s going so I think I’m due a treat…. I seem to have accumulated some face masks, hand treatments and a foot pack (you can see from the photo that it was a Christmas present!). I can kill two birds with one stone by using them up over the next week or so to clear my stash AND give myself a treat too…

Very fetching ....

Here goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment