Sunday 3 March 2019

March 2019 - Where did that come from?



One moment you are working away, travelling lots, taking train rides to visit family, spending hours writing at the computer and then.... Well then - it seems that almost three years slip by and I neglect to record anything...

Each time I've intended to start, something (as ever) crops up. Even as recently as January I wanted to begin the New Year with a post about packing up the Christmas decorations. I was going to wax lyrical about repairing some of the old baubles by covering them with fabric complete with lovely photos, although I did manage to take one of all the Christmas cards I made from odds and ends and photos of the decorations before they were packed away (I find it easier to do these while Christmas is still hovering in the air rather than before it all gets started).


I was also quite impressed at beginning the search for next Christmas' lucky dip, but that doesn't seem to be all that relevant now we're in March! (We have a family lucky dip on Christmas Eve with lots of little bits and pieces we've gathered during the year - colouring books, free perfume samples, sale items from Christmas stock, odds and ends I've sewn or knitted and so on - it takes ages and is great fun and means we all get some small presents without spending loads on the occasion.)

So to now.... Don't worry - this isn't a list of all the happenings since my last blog - tempting though it is to plod through it just to show that I have been productive and busy and all that. Suffice to say that I did lots more writing for work, finishing with a particular product for them that I'd wanted to write for a number of years so that was very satisfying. As part of my leaving present I got a coffee machine and pasta making 'stuff' following trips to Rome and Florence - how was my life complete before them?
 

It's Lasagne in case you're not sure!

Visiting Rome has meant that I've been able to see my youngest niece who lives there with her husband and daughter (and is about to add to the clan soon). My previous trip to Italy was around 40 years ago on a whistle stop 7 day tour. What a bonus it's been to spend plenty of time going back over the things I studied for A Level and degree courses...…

 Not bad for a view from the kitchen of the apartment we stayed in, eh?


What else - well apart from a wedding (my niece) and a daughter for my other niece, I retired - as you may have worked out from above - hence the time for Italian excursions. I don't seem to have had much other time - it appears to be true what people say about retiring and then not knowing how they found time to go out to work.

The last few months have been exciting times, with my family (apart from the Italian extension) moving around 20 miles away from me after all the years of being 170 miles away, so no more long train journeys and I get to see them every week.

What about the craft? - I'll not go into a great long list, but here's some snaps of one or two items that I've managed to squeeze in ……




 Finished my fish at last!



Next up is a Paw Patrol jumper so fingers crossed for that one!

So that's me back - promise it'll get more interesting from here on in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment