Monday 25 February 2013

Home, Sweet Home

Much as I love travelling around, especially revisiting Cardiff where I was at University, it's lovely to be home for a little while! I've got all this week at home until next Tuesday.. phew...

Anyway lots happening as usual - can't say life ever gets boring around here - even though some thought moving to quiet Devon and giving up the day job for a sort of retirement might prove a little slow.....

We went over to visit Grae's son and granddaughter on Friday and when she saw the scarf?cowl? whatever I had one she wanted one, but in pink (naturally). So here it is ready to go in the post today. I also sem to have enough yarn for at least one, maybe two more! So much for diminishing the stash...
 
I've also started this....

 
 
It's yarn from Mum's stash that she's not using and a veerrrryyy old pattern. With luck it'll be finished in time to take up to her for Mothering Sunday.
 
Then I decided to get a grip on my lack of crochet skills. I've always done cobweb-y shaped shawls in the past - mainly because my tension is dreadful and I end up with droopy corners that have to be truned into a non-rectangular shape! But armed with the recent Mollie Makes I've decided to work on it. This is my first 'square', it's a bit wobbly, but by  the time I've done 80 and trimmed them in a common colour, then joined them together I'll either be a) more proficient, b) able to hide the mistakes amongst the many or c) ready to throw it out of the window. We'll see....

 
Then, following on from Graeham's card I carried on with the needle felting - no injuries this time (just as well - got a shuttle on the cheekbone last week - bruise subsiding - one injury a week from hobbies is probably enough!). I've put a brooch bar on the back and I must say I'm quite pleased with it! Now who to give it to? WIll look at the birthday list....

 

Finally, I got a phone call about the next writing project. What bliss.. I'm waiting for a pile of beautiful picture books that need notes to help teachers with both comprehension skills and writing from them.. The work should take at least a couple of months so stand by for some drooling over lovely children's books...

That's all from me for now. I'm off the Handmade Monday to spend some time enjoying everyone else's blogs now I've got a bit of time before the postman arrives!!

5 comments:

  1. If you block your crochet square it will probably be even. Good luck on the project. Loving the heart with the button. Very cute. Hope you have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do that when I've got a few more done - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little felted brooch is just lovely! People expect crafting to be sedate, not something you injure yourself on but I've had many injuries too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you've been busy. Love the brooch and the colours, and I sympathise about the injuries previously sustained! I also love the cowl and how the colours run into one another, so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove your pink cowl and your super cute felted brooch too... i could see them working together! :)

    ReplyDelete