Monday 5 March 2012

How come it's March already?

It's happened again - another month has just vanished!

Still, can't complain as I seem to be managing to get things done....

Remember that jumper that drove me crazy?  Well here it is all finished with a much longer body, better fitting sleeves and generally a much more wearable item - apologies for the photo as usual!
I've also been working on some of the pieces from the Debbie Bliss book.. here's some flowerpot covers...


an ipod/iphone sock..
and a lavender bag!

I also had a great time at feltmaking last Tuesday and was even pleased with the bag I made.. here it is

 and this is it with the flap open so you can see the colour inside
what I love about it is that when the flap is closed it actually looks like the pattern on the front is designed to meet up like that.. I'll let you into a secret - it was sheer fluke, but I'm chuffed with it anyway!

I've also had a ruthless look at my wardrobe - and then put everything back again -I'm rubbish at throwing stuff away.  I am going to try, however, to thin it all out.  I reckon I'm going to wear everything once.  If it doesn't fit or looks dreadful or I just can't face wearing it then it can go.  I think it could be at least a year before I get back to the beginning again, either that or I really will be making progress with decluttering it all. At the very least I'll be developing my thrifty gene and not buying anything new with so much stored away in there!

Right, what else was there to tell?  Ah yes, I've investigated a new monthly craft fair down in town - it's on the first Saturday morning of each month so I've signed up for next month to see how it goes!

Phew!  Will have to dash off now - I put a whole heap of stuff on Ebay that had been hanging about in the loft and amazingly it sold so I need to make it to the Post Office.  The cash from all of it will do nicely to pay for my (much needed) hair cut on Thursday and begin to contribute to the car's service and MOT....

Until next time.. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment